Semiya means Semolina or Semola Semolina. Semiya Daddojanam is a dish made from beaten rice, vermicelli and milk. It is a traditional dish in South India, originating from Karnataka. This is usually prepared as an offering to the Hindu god Krishna. Semiya Daddojanam is also served as a breakfast dish and at weddings. Semiya can also be used in savory dishes, such as Semiya Upma, Semiya Pongal and Semiya Puttu. It is almost similar” to Semolina pudding.
Semiya Halwa (Semiya Kofta) is one of the most famous Semiya recipes. Semiya Daddojanam has Semolina and Vermicelli which are mixed with jaggery and ghee. Semolina flour is also good for digestion, as it absorbs liquids well and stays in the stomach for a longer time. It is usually made during “Ugadi” festival in Karnataka.
Semiya Daddojanam Recipe In Telugu Style | How To Cook
Semiya Daddojanam is one of the traditional south indian cuisines. It is cooked with semiya (vermicelli) and curd and tempered with mix of spices and lentils, which gives it a unique flavour. It can be prepared very easily, so you can have it in breakfast or in snacks too.
1. First add some salt and oil in water and then boil the bambino.
2. After the bambino is boiled drain the excess water.
3. Beat the curd and add this curd to the boiled bambino, then to this add salt and finely chopped green chillies.
4. Now in a pan, add some oil for tempering.
5. When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, when they crackle add chana dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, pepper corns, fenugreek powder, dry red chillies, hing and curry leaves.
6. Add this tempering to the bambino curd mixture and mix well,then garnish it with sev(optional) and coriander.
7. Now the delicious and healthy semiya daddojanam is ready to eat.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 382
- Calories from Fat 108
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 12g19%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Cholesterol 29mg10%
- Sodium 124mg6%
- Potassium 461mg14%
- Total Carbohydrate 54g18%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 11g
- Protein 13g26%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.