In Andhra cuisine, chepala pulusu is one of the most common appetizers to be served with hot steamed rice. My mom’s special recipe and technique for this dish have been a family favourite since I was young. It tastes amazing on top of white or yellow basmati rice as well!
Chepala Pulusu | Fish Pulusu | Nellore Chepala Pulusu Recipe
Chepala Pulusu is very famous throughout South India. It is originally Andhra fish curry recipe. It is a mouth watering as well as spicy dish made with fish. It can be serve with chapati or rice.
1. Fry the onions (without oil) in a small pan till they get brown. Then blend it to make a smooth paste.
2. Roast the fenugreek seeds and blend it to fine powder.
3. Marinade the fish pieces with ginger paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder; keep it aside.
4. Now heat oil in a kadai, add green chilli, chopped onions, curry leaves and minced garlic. Fry until onion turns to golden brown and then add onion paste and fenugreek seeds powder and fry for another 2mins.
5. Now add marinated fish pieces, fry for 2 mins and turn the pieces carefully without breaking them; then add tamarind juice.
6. Add chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala and cook untiil the oil seperates.
7. Now chepala pulusu is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves and seve hot with chapati or rice.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 311
- Calories from Fat 54
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 6g10%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Cholesterol 125mg42%
- Sodium 147mg7%
- Potassium 891mg26%
- Total Carbohydrate 11g4%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 52g104%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.