South Indian food is perfect for people with a cold. It’s spicy, hot, and has various ingredients that will help to heal your throat. There are many recipes that can be used to warm up and heal a cold and cough. South Indian dishes, like the warmer sambar, can help you feel better and create a feeling of calmness. There are different delicacies in south India which you can opt for to have some home-cooked comfort food when you are not feeling good.
Best of all?
Thanks to the amazing flavors, you’ll feel like you’re eating something good even while you’re feeling miserable!
Best South Indian Recipes For Cold And Cough
Here are some recipes from India that can be made in minutes and eaten between meals or as a tasty snack!
- Chicken Masala/Pakora
- Tomato Soup with Rice and Dal
- Mutton Kulambu
- Onion Rava Dhokla ( It’s a healthy recipe that you can eat every day)
- Fruit Salad with Honey and Lemon Juice
- Mango Pudding (Mangoes are great believed for a sore throat)
- Andhra Fish Curry (The best way to get protein when you’re ill)
- Chicken Rogan Josh (This will remind you of your favourite curry but with less spice and more care from your taste buds)
- Chembu Kuzhambu (This is a great recipe to boost your immunity and get you back on your feet)
- Lemon Rice (If you can’t handle the spice, or just want a calming taste of India)
- Sesame Cookies (Made with sesame seeds, ginger and honey- these are like crackers for grown-ups!)
- Banana Fry (This is a great recipe to get rid of the phlegm that’s been messing up your throat)
- Potato Curry (It will remind you of home, and how good mom was at making chicken soup)
- Chicken Korma/Vegetable Korma (One of my personal favourites! It’s creamy and delicious, like a less hot version of chicken tikka masala!)
Tips On How To Deal With Cold And Cough At Home
It affects adults as well as children and it’s important to know that this illness is just a virus-not a sign of anything serious!
Here are some tips on how you can deal with the cold at home:
1. Drink hot herbal teas (That will help you sleep).
2. Get plenty of rest.
3. Don’t forget to drink fluids.
4. Use a humidifier in the room.
5. Eat well: chicken soup with no dairy and garlic- it contains vitamins and minerals you need, as well as being very tasty.
6. If your throat is sore, try gargling with warm water and salt.
7. You can also make a mask to help you breathe better by mixing 1/2 teaspoon of honey into 2 tablespoons of flour and adding lemon juice for flavor.
8. Lastly, rest is the best medicine when you have a cold!
Also Read: – 10 Best South Indian Fireless Cooking Recipes
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of that pesky cold or cough, consider these 14 South Indian recipes. These dishes are sure to make your sinuses feel better and provide relief from the discomfort of throat irritation. Whether it’s chicken curry with coconut milk, vegetable korma, lentils soup, or idli sambar – there is something here for everyone! They are sure to satisfy your taste buds as well as provide relief from symptoms.
Have you tried any of these? Let us know in the comments below what worked best for you.